Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Freestone MX Pictures

I recently got to attend the Freestone MX National in Wortham, TX last weekend and it was a hot hot race day!  I got to borrow a nice Nikon D40X camera with a sweet 300mm lens on it, so I decided to grab some photos to share on the blog.  This was my first time shooting mx with this camera so I did have some learning to do (I got a LOT of blurry shots), but I ended up with some good shots at the end of the day.

I won't do a race recap, as there are plenty of sources online that can do that much better than me (racerxill.com, transworldmx.com, allisports.com, etc.), but there were a few things that impressed me:

-Eli Tomac is FAST!  He did not have the endurance through the heat for the entire race, but watch out for that kid, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with for anybody who wants the title.

-Metcalf was fast at the beginning but faded pretty hard about half-way through each moto.

-Kyle Regal was the surprise of the day with a 3rd overall, let's hope he can keep up his speed and hang with the big boys for the rest of the season.  

-Ben Townley looked good but had some bad luck in Moto 2 with a 1st turn crash that set him far behind.  I hope he shows up to High Point next week at 100% and ready to spank everybody.

-Dean Wilson was hauling the mail in the second moto but got delirious on the last lap and let 2 people pass him on the last straightaway...everybody at the track was SO confused...poor kid, I hope he can redeem himself next week.

-Alessi was definitely off his normal pace.  I think he crashed a few times in each moto and didn't come anywhere close to landing on the podium.

-Dungey seriously looked like RC the way he pulled ahead and gapped the field.  I wonder if the Hangtown Dungey or the Freestone Dungey will show up to High Point next week.

-Last, Reed was pretty solid, he did what he had to do in order to keep the points lead and stay safe.  He was the only one I saw who would seat-bounce over the big sand wall in front of the whoops, it was insane, nobody else even came close to his speed over that obstacle.  I love it when riders get creative on things that seem to only have one way over it!

So, here are some of my favorite shots from the day:





1 comment:

  1. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.

    teams

    ReplyDelete